The individual in this position will assist in general classroom management, supervision, and implement a comprehensive brain based academic program in The Quest Zone Afterschool Program. Applicant should be available to work Monday-Friday from 1:30pm-6:00pm. Salary is based upon credentials and experience.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Assist in planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of The Quest Zone, Common Core Standards, and National Afterschool Association standards.
- Treating children with dignity and respect, and meeting the needs of individual children with awareness of their interests, special talents and needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Assisting with the ordered arrangement, appearance, and learning environment of the afterschool program.
- Plan practice opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g., individual, partner, and small-group activities; non-elimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Assisting with providing maximum opportunities daily that is conducive to learning.
- Teach skills and activities that transfer into continuous learning outside of the afterschool program.
- Motivating children to be physically active by implementing a variety of recreational activities
- Organizing afterschool experiences to include planning activities that promote student interaction, address real world applications, and support the revised Bloom’s Taxonomy (RBT).
- Infuse technology with project based learning activities to build knowledge and enhance creative expression.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of our program.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately with children, parents, staff and others.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Professionalism and Customer Service
- Demonstrating through daily actions and work habits the desire to provide outstanding customer service and competitive value.
- Assisting in public-relation events sponsored by The Quest Zone and represent The Quest Zone in a positive, professional manner.
- Participating in staff meetings, recommended training programs, classes, conferences, and other aspects of professional growth and completing the training hours as required by The Quest Zone and by the state, including after hours sessions, maintaining current knowledge of afterschool practices.
The person selected for this position must be professionally prepared, must meet the requirements of the state licensing agency, and be physically and mentally fit to care for children. These requirements include but may not be limited to the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and be appropriately qualified for the assigned age group through education, training, experience, and/or personal qualities to meet all state qualifications
- Must maintain state in-service training requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able see, hear, and respond to children’s needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child’s level, sitting on the floor and getting up, and being able to reach a child 20 – 30 feet away within 15 seconds without danger to the staff person’s health. Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, at least 95% of the day.
- Be able to determine cognitive, social, and physical needs of children in written and verbal forms of the English language and at a level that 90-95% of the parents and staff are able to understand and, in turn, respond to.
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day. This includes stress, tension, noise, and interpersonal conflicts. Must able to physical and mentally react immediately to unexpected circumstances.